Brother Printer Not Working – As we all know that technology is growing at a tremendous rate which means while using the printer on day to day basis there can be some concern which one can come across and some of them are listed below.
- Installation error code
- Paper jamming
- Unable to Scan
- Unable to clean
- The connection between the Printer and the Machine is lost
- Faded or uneven prints
- Display error
- Running out ink
Above listed are some of the common problems which an individual can come across, however, there can many others. If an individual wants to come over some of the basic ( Brother Printer Not Working ) concerns of the printer, one can take the following troubleshooting steps.
Check if the Machine is turned on and there are no errors –
In case the LED is not on then an individual needs to check if the same is plugged into the working switch and one has to ensure that the same is turned ON.
Check the connection with the Router –
One has to ensure that there is a secured connection between the router and the Brother printer one can also reset the cable on both sides.
Downloading and Running the same Network Repair Utility –
- Initially download the UTILITY.
- You will then will be required to make a temporary so that you can SAVE the file and please ensure that it can be located easily.
- To open the same DOUBLE CLICK on the same and then one will be required to follow the onscreen instructions.
Ensure that there is proper communication between the Brother Printer and Computer –
How to know the Machine’s IP Address
- Hit the GO button 3 times.
- One will get the print open the same and keep scrolling one will be able to see the machines’ IP address.
How to Know the computers IP Address
- On the machine click on START.
- Enter CMD and then click OK.
- Enter IPCONFIG and press ENTER.
- Now you will able to see the computer’s IP Address.
Check if the Printer Driver is installed –
- Hit on START, look for the option of settings, click on PRINTERS and check for installed printers.
- Among the options please ensure the Brother Printer is in the list, in case it is not listed which means it is not listed and the printer has to REINSTALLED.
- In case it is listed and now you to want to set it as DEFAULT printer then right-click on the Brother printer and select as Default option.
Establish that the Printer status is ready and the print queue is vacant –
- As you are in the printer folder in the list look for the printer and move the mouse on the PRINTER ICON.
- In case if there are documents to be printed, to CANCEL the same right-click on the Brother printer and hit on cancel documents which will help you to CLEAR the queue.
- If the status shows (Use Printer) OFFLINE, right-click on the printer and untick use Printer offline which will get the printer driver ONLINE.
- If the status shows PAUSE, then right-click on the printer and then select RESUME Printing which helps in printing.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Brother Drivers –
- Click on START, then hit on All Programs and look for the option Brother and hit on Uninstall, it will ask to completely remove the software click on OK.
- As soon as it is completely UNISTALLED, then you will be required to restart the computer click OK.
- Now insert the CD –ROM for windows into the drive and now you will be able to see the Brother CD-ROM menu.
- Click on the PRINTER from the menu.
- Choose the LANGUAGE.
- Click on INSTALL Printer Driver.
- Select Network Cable Users.
- The driver installation will start, click yes with the LICENSE AGREEMENT.
- Choose STANDARD INSTALLATION and hit on next.
- In case if you are using LPR click on Search the network for devices and choose among the list or one can also simply enter the printer’s IP address and hit next.
- In case if you are using NetBIOS click on search for devices and chose from the list of discovered devices and hit Next.
- For the individual using LPR, select your printer and then select LPR (Recommended)and click next.
- For the individual using NetBIOS, you will be required to choose your printer and NetBIOS and hit next.
- Hit on finish, you will be required to turn on the Firewall back.
Now the system will restart and you will be required to select for firmware update and one has to select the same, and one will be able to print now. If (Brother Printer Not Working) problem persists, you can also seek help by calling the technical department of Brother Printer.