Dell Printers is one of the renowned brands that make quality printers with amazing features. But no matter what brand of printer you buy, at some point your printer may encounter some technical issues. Since no technical device is immune to minor problems, as such your printer might face some issues as well. And one of the most common problems users face is that the Dell printer doesn’t print. It can be annoying to find out that the Dell printer that printed an hour ago stopped printing. You will wonder what really went wrong and try to find solutions to fix the problem. There could be many reasons why Dell does not print; Some of the reasons could be a connection problem, empty cartridges, damaged drivers, etc.
How to fix Dell printer not printing issue?
One of several problems with the Dell printer may fail, not printing problems. The steps involved in managing failed print issues include: –
Check the cable connection status:
1. First, let’s check if the cable connecting the computer and printer is properly connected. If you’re connecting via USB, make sure that the cable is connected to the computer and printer’s outlet.
2. Also, check here! If your computer has multiple USB ports (USB ports), try connecting them to different ports.
If you use the USB port of a personal computer for a long time, it often causes recognition failure, and this is often the cause.
3. If you are using a wireless LAN to connect the printer to your computer, the wireless LAN may not be working.
Check your router and modem to see if they are working properly. Also, please check if your computer is connected to the internet.
Check printer status:
1. Next, let’s look at the printer status.
2. If the error lamp is blinking or “Error” is displayed on the LCD screen, there is something wrong with the printer itself, so check the instruction manual and the manufacturer’s support page.
3. If you can print but not print, there may be ink clogging.
4. If you get ink clogging, the remedy depends on the printer model you are using, but if the print head is on the ink side, you can replace it with new ink.
5. On the other hand, if the printhead is a separate type attached to the main body side, clean the printhead.
Check the computer settings:
Uncheck “Take printer offline”
- Next, let’s look at the settings on the personal computer side.
- The most common error in the computer settings is that the “Take printer offline” checkbox in the print job is checked.
- In many cases, you can print safely by unchecking this box. If it is set, click Control Panel → Devices and Printers → Show print jobs to display the menu. Be sure to uncheck it.
Check “Default printer”
- If you are using multiple printers, you cannot print unless the “Default printer” checkbox is selected for the printer to print.
- Similarly, open Control Panel → Devices and Printers and multiple printer icons will be displayed. Right-click the icon of the printer you want to print and check “Set as default printer”.
Check the connection status between the printer and computer:
When connecting the printer and the computer, the computer is connected through the “port” of the printer.
Originally, the port is automatically assigned to the PC side, but it may not be assigned normally for some reason.
In this case, you cannot print, so check the settings.
- Open Control Panel and click “View devices and printers”.
- Right-click the icon of the printer you want to print and click “Printer Properties”.
- A window will pop up, select the “Ports” tab.
- Then, a list of ports will be displayed, so make sure that the port of the printer you want to print is correctly checked.
- Here, if a port with a different printer name is checked or if there is no check in the first place,
printing will not be possible, so check the correct port.
- After checking, click “Apply” at the bottom right and then “OK” to complete.