Wi-Fi is a great technology that allows you to easily connect a variety of devices to your computer remotely. This option can be very useful in cases where multiple computers have a work or home network and a printer is used frequently. Today we will discuss how to connect a printer via a Wi-Fi router and what benefits this method gives us.
Allow the printer to run the startup procedure, including the print debug page.
- Unpack the printer.
- Follow the installation instructions to remove the package.
- Plugin the power cord, turn on the printer, and install the print cartridges.
- Choose one of the connection methods described below.
If you want to print wirelessly without a wireless router, learn about it.
Your printer supports at least one of the following ways to connect to you. wireless network. To use this option, set up the software for your printer and follow the onscreen instructions. When the option appears, select the connection type as “Network”, and then select “Yes, send the wireless network settings to the printer.”
It is worth mentioning at once that there are two ways – through a special cable and without wires. The second option is only possible if the printer has the required specifications, ie an adapter.
In the first case, we will consider how to connect the printer to the router via USB (if your router model has such a port). As everyone knows, this cable is usually used to connect to a computer, but this time we will go in a non-standard way.
Connection setup wizard
In such cases, an alternative method is wireless settings. It can usually be found in the “Network” menu or by tapping the wireless network icon, then go to “Settings” or the drive icon.
- To find out more, go to the “Routers” section.
- Printer documentation.
Part of the installation process requires that your computer be temporarily disconnected from the wireless network. You will not have internet access during this time.
The button is the easiest way. Wireless Setup Wizard, which you run from the printer control panel. At the printer control panel, go to Network, or tap Wireless Network, and then go to Settings. The Wireless Setup Wizard displays a list of wireless networks in this area. Access to the settings can be accessed by touching the wrench icon, depending on the product model. Select a wireless network name from the list. If you don’t see your wireless network listed, you can enter your network name manually by scrolling to the bottom of the list. You must enter the exact key or passphrase, including uppercase and lowercase letters. The printer must be connected to a wireless network, if it is not connected, you will be able to print a test report on the wireless network.
- Make sure you know your network name and security password.
- It is important to connect and disconnect the wires, using only on-demand software that helps you set up a wireless connection from your printer.
- After turning off the router and the printer – “on the fly”, they did not recognize each other that help is just a solution.
- We connect them to the cable. All new router models must have an appropriate socket.
- Turn on the distribution point and wait for it to load, then turn on the printer.
- We are now checking the connection of the printer via the Wi-Fi router. We sit down at the computer and open any number from the browser – as a last resort, if you do not want to put yourself, you can use all the same Internet Explorer.
- We search for the address line and we click on it with the left button at the beginning of the input.
- Enter the special key address 192.168.0.1 and press ENTER. It is important to remember – if you can not let and nothing happens, then you need to try to change the combination of 0. If in this case, everything remains as it was, then try to find information about the address change on the router window or on the device itself – usually a separate information sticker.
It’s worth remembering which particular option turned out, as you’ll need this combination a little later.
In some cases, the software may automatically find your wireless network settings. Select the appropriate cable, and then connect one end to the printer and the other end to a computer or network. Even when things go smoothly as usual, it’s even harder than plugging in a cable.
As a result, it is not possible to include all the amendments in detail in one short article. Our goal is to cover the basic information you need, as well as troubleshooting strategies you may encounter. This combination should give you the ability to deal with a wireless printer even if the process doesn’t work. Let’s start with the access point. For the purposes of this discussion, we will assume that you are setting up your network, or are familiar with your settings, especially security settings, or you can easily connect with those who can provide you with information.
- The next screen will show us a request to enter login information. Standard solutions are also used here – both windows enter the values ”admin”. Is the system reporting incorrect data? Try re-entering or searching for data on how the manufacturer changed values on the same label.
- can be seen on an Asus device, for example, that if you go to Network Map, the connected printer should show up there.
All was well, the network printer connection through the router has been completed, and now you need to make the settings. We will tell you about them immediately after we perform the second method.
Use the internal LAN between the printer and the laptop.
You should also be aware of any other settings you have changed from the most common options. In some cases, you can find the setup wizard from the printer menu to go through each option, asking, for example, to enter the network service set code.
In other cases, you will find individual menu options that you will need to select and complete separately. Check the printer setup guide to find out which approach to use. If you lose the original documents, you can download copies from the manufacturer’s website. Regardless of the approach, when you enter information, the printer must establish a connection. If not, it is time to carefully review all access point settings.
No wires- Connection setup using WPS
But now we will already consider how to connect the printer to the network through a router without wires. This method is suitable for owners of modern printers with an adapter and involves two different steps.
Let’s start by using WPS. This feature must be supported by the printing device, and a separate button is required below it at the distribution point. If all goes well, go ahead.
Save the current settings, change them to all default values, and try logging in again. If the connection works, you will need to apply a rough force method, changing one or more settings as you were, and try reconnecting until you see which one prevents you from connecting.
If you connected the printer using the setup program, simply continue to install the driver. There are also enough new ones that many printers do not support. Check the detailed description of the printer manual or its online documentation. Also, all I had to do was through the standard driver installer, confirming that the program had set up the correct printer.
- We teach the instructions to the printer and find it using the WPS menu. The location of this menu item may differ from case to case.
- We attach the appropriate button on the router and wait exactly two minutes.
The connection is established and you can now re-enable the settings.
The second solution, in this case, is to manually manipulate the connection, similar to the steps when a network is first entered into a computer.
Connecting smartphones and tablets to a smartphone or tablet can be difficult, in part because any manufacturer of that printer may not recommend any specific phone or tablet printing program. Even if an application is applied to your printer, the printer cannot be connected directly to the mobile device.
The sole goal of the organization is to develop methods that make it easy to print wirelessly from mobile devices. Wireless printing is a wireless solution, but there are more features than ever before. If you want to print from a laptop or mobile device to a wireless printer, you probably have a few solutions. If you are not satisfied, you can always try another. Be sure to read our list as well as ours and ours.
- On the printer, click the Settings button and look inside the network-related item.
- Choose the most appropriate network name for your case.
- Enter the combination password.