Most computer users who use Canon printers for work-related or personal printing tasks often complain that their Canon printer refuses to print anything at certain time intervals. If your Canon printer is not working regularly, is not responding, is not printing, is not connecting, etc., So don’t worry, read this useful Canon printer troubleshooting guide and fix these problems yourself at home. You can immediately seek the help of a Canon printer repair technician specialist because they can solve these Canon printer problems easily.
7+ Common Printer Problems and How to Fix Them:
Canon Printer Not Printing
Many Canon Printer users have a problem with their printers. When they are trying to print something, suddenly printer does not respond to their command. Then you cannot print anything with your Canon printer, and this may prevent you from doing your work. but do not worry. It can be fixed. The following are some fixes that a Canon printer user can troubleshooting by reading.
- Firstly check the connection of your canon printer.
- Then Set your canon printer as the default printer.
- Next update the canon printer driver.
- Check on the Print Spooler service.
- Then Delete all print tasks.
- You may use another application to print your document.
- Then check the status of your canon printer.
Paper Jam in Canon Printer
If the jammed paper tears in your printer and you do not know how to remove the paper from the paper output slot or the drive unit, or if the paper is jammed inside the machine, remove the paper by following these Troubleshooting instructions below.
- Turn off the machine and disconnect it.
- Open paper output cover. and remove the paper in the cartridge if any.
- Check that the jammed paper is under the FINE cartridge tray.
- Hold the jammed paper strongly in both hands. If the paper wraps, pull it out.
- Slowly pull out the paper so you don’t tear it.
- Make sure you remove all the jammed paper.
- Close the paper exit cover, and reload the paper.
Note: At the time of reloading the paper, make sure you use the right paper and load it properly. If a paper jam message show on your computer screen when you again printing after removing all the jammed paper, there may be some paper inside the machine. Check the machine again if any remaining pieces of paper.
Canon Printer Ink Cartridge Problem
If you are suffering from ink cartridge problems with your canon printer. then in this article, we will be telling you about the solution for most common Canon printer ink cartridge problems, which would help you to fix your printer ink cartridge problem.
- Always clean your printer periodically and test the alignment after installing new ink cartridges in your printer. Then print some test paper to ensure correct ink flow in alignment.
- If the printer does not recognize the cartridge, remove it and gently wipe the electrical contacts on the cartridge with a clean paper towel or lint-free cloth. This is to remove dust and residue that will block the printer’s electrical contacts.
- If the printer still does not recognize the cartridge, try to remove the unknown cartridge, turn off the printer and unplug it for about 1 minute. Reconnect and turn on the printer, reinstall the cartridge, and print.
- For cartridges with printheads, the cartridge may be kept upside down for weeks, so that the ink does not reach the printhead, which prevents the new cartridge ink from printing. Clean the cartridge with a damp paper until the ink flow is visible. Reinstall and print the ink cartridge.
Canon Printer Not Responding Error
Sometimes your Canon printer probably refuses to respond at certain intervals. Here are some simple and effective canon printer troubleshooting steps that will help you resolve Canon printers not respond to error very easily.
- Press the Setup button on your Canon Wireless Printer, go to Setup Wireless LAN and click OK.
- Now you need to select Easy Setup and click OK and confirm your selection.
- Select the access point and enter the Wi-Fi password before you click OK.
- Find the installation floppy disk, and then place it on your computer. To install the Canon printer on your device, you must now run the installer.
- Select Easy Installation, and then click Install. You will now be able to find a printer on the network on the page you recently uploaded. If so, click before proceeding to the next troubleshooting step.
- Start the printer installation process by clicking the Next button, and then wait a few minutes for the printer to complete.
Canon Printer no Paper Alerts Error
When the Canon printer shows a No Paper error, there may be a foreign object on the rear tray. Turn off and disconnect the printer. Then delete the object.
The problem can also occur because the paper is not loaded properly on the machine. When loading paper, make sure the edges of the paper sheet are aligned. The paper must also be positioned in the image orientation.
Occasionally, the error occurs because the paper is curled, wrinkled, or too thick. Try changing the paper. Also, make sure that the paper you load matches the paper size settings of the print file. Finally, to solve this problem, clean the paper feed roller.
Windows 10 Canon Printer Problem
Canon Printer Not Working in Windows 10? we have some possible canon printer problems with Window 10 and their solutions. Before you install the new printer driver, you must uninstall the printer by following these troubleshooting steps below:
- First, open the “start” menu in the system.
- Then click the “device” and the “printer” option.
- Now select the “Canon printer” option.
- Select Remove device from the top of the screen.
- Then “reinstall” the printer.
- If Windows 10 not find a driver, browse the manufacturer’s website for the driver.
- Download the driver and follow the instructions provided by the printer manufacturer.
Canon Printer Scanning Problems
If you are using a Canon scanner, you are probably still experiencing this problem after updating your system to Windows 10, in that case, canon printer cannot scan. For issues that the Canon Scanner may not work properly, try these troubleshooting steps.
These steps will show you how to fix a Canon scanner not scanning error:
- First and foremost, you need to connect your printer to the computer via a USB power cable and then install the driver that comes with the Canon printer.
- After establishing a connection between the computer and the printer, make sure the printer is turned on. Also, when scanning documents, make sure the printer is On.
- After completing the above steps, you have to click on the ‘Get Started’ button, then select All Programs >> Accessories >> Select Scanner and Camera Wizard.
- Next, you have to select the Scan option and then select the Canon printer connected to the computer and finally, click on the Scan option again. Thus, your picture is scanned without interruption.
- Finally, you have to click on the File option and click on the Save option, then a window pop-up pops up where you can name the scanned document and select the location where you need to save the scanned image.