Why is my hp printer not printing and how to fix it?
HP printer is not printing is a very common problem. You can have this problem due to many reasons.
- Missing or outdated driver
- Faulty connection
- Windows may have a bad configuration
Top 5 Fixes of HP printer’s not Printing Problems
You are given some solutions below, you can fix your HP printer with these solutions you can fix your HP printer.
Check printer status
- You must first make sure that your HP printer has enough paper in the paper tray.
- You should also check that your ink or toner is not empty. Consult your specific printer’s manual for how to check the ink level or toner level for your printer. Newer HP printers will conveniently display the ink level or if there is an ink issue on the front screen of the HP printer
Cancel all print jobs
The stuck print queue can also be due to non-printing. Print queues with failed print jobs may stop working normally and cause the printer to not print. You can clear all print jobs to bring them back to normal.
Execute Basic HP Printers Troubleshooting
When you find that your HP printer is stopping working, you can do some troubleshooting at first. The first thing you should do is check the connection status between your printer and your computer. First of all, make sure that your devices are properly connected to each other, and that the network or cable you use to connect these devices is normal.
You can also try restarting your HP printer. Turn it off completely and then you unplug the power cord, then you leave it like that for a few minutes, and then you plug the cord back in and turn on the printer.
Set your printer as the default
Some users say that my HP printer is not printing due to incorrect printer configuration. In this case, you should set your printer as the default printer. Here are some steps for you.
- Open the Run window by pressing Window and the R keys, and then type control and press OK.
- Click on Devices and Printers Utility.
- You then right-click on your HP printer and select Set as the default printer. If you are asked a question, follow up.
Update or reinstall the printer driver
The printer not printing issue can also be caused by faulty drivers. You may need to update or reinstall the printer driver to fix your HP printer and not the printing problem.
An easy and reliable way to deal with drivers is to use Driver Easy.